Sunday, June 9, 2013

9 days!

The time left is drawn down to nine days and I have not put much consideration into my packing at all. My excuse for this is since I'm only going to be away for two months (compared to packing a year's worth of stuff) I'm not stressing so much on how much I should bring. I recently discovered that the outlet adapter I used my time abroad in Europe is compatible for Korea too. How did I just discover that the one I owned was a world adapter and not just one for Europe?

I have been receiving emails from Dankook University mostly regarding the English Village session, which is where I will be doing my teaching English internship. I get to choose between two different cities; either Jukjeon or Cheonan. I signed up to teach in Cheonan, but have not gotten a reply back from the people at the University just yet. My group of friends that I am going with all signed up to go to the same city, but we might get split up. I am trying not to get bummed over that fact because I know we will all regroup once the summer school session starts in Jukjeon, and I will get to meet new people who are also on the program. I heard that there will be students from other universities from the US, Canada and UK too!

I got my paperwork and financial arrangements ready to go.  All in all, I am really looking forward to this program and to experience Asian culture in an Asian country. I am also in a rut on deciding what I want to do after I graduate this December, so hopefully this trip will give me some insight and direction on what path I should choose next. This summer session will indeed fulfill my wanderlust to travel somewhere once again, yet I don't know at this point when it will end. Is it bad that I'm considering on getting teaching English jobs more than a job that centers around my major? Not that I dislike what I study - I love what I study, but I will admit that I am stubborn if I find something locally which will enable me to stay in California - which I want to leave in the first place. Oh well, things will fall in it's place and if I do happen to get a job here and it is something I like, I mind as well take whatever it will lead me to.

But for now, I am not going to focus so much on that and enjoy my time in Korea. I am very much excited for this year because once I get back from Korea, I will be finishing my last quarter as an undergraduate and will also be interning for my school's newspaper as assistant sports editor. I am looking forward to it, even though it will a lot of hard work but that's how journalism is. I am excited to work with the layouts that I have already been flipping through newspapers and magazines to see how they structure theirs. It's good insight! So for the month remaining of my return from Korea and before fall quarter starts, I'll be working with Adobe InDesign and other programs that will help me with my internship. '

I am excited that my graduation will land in the fall, for autumn is my absolute favorite season and Christmas will be present around graduation too! Now, the only thing that needs to pass by are these dreaded essays and exams. One more week until I will be free! Then four days later, I am off to Korea!

Will blog more soon once finals end. Until next time! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

count