Tuesday, June 18, 2013

It's finally here!



It is 11:15pm at night right now and I decided to post because I fear I won't have time tomorrow to blog! So here will be my last blog post here in America until I land over to South Korea! I am pretty much done packing, but because I was so nonchalant about packing so effortlessly, I am double checking and rearranging everything again. I am not as alert as much as I was before about packing. Perhaps packing for two months is not as crucial compared to a year abroad.

I received an email this morning confirming that I will be placed in Jukjeon, the main campus. I was a bit disappointed that they did not place me in Cheonan; they emailed a few students requesting one more female student to teach at Cheonan, but the time I found the email it was too late, so therefore I was placed at Jukjeon. But it's okay! Some people I know are at Jukjeon, and it is a relief knowing that I won't have to pack up again, since I will be staying in one city for both the English Village and summer school session. Everything should be fine in the end! Trying to remain positive.

Since finals barely ended on Friday, I have been rushing on getting things all together in a small amount of time and summer break hasn't really set in yet. Once I get to Korea, there will be a lot of material to learn for the teaching session (I will also be partnering up with another student who is teaching too) and have around 3-4 teaching sessions a day! Then summer school follows afterwards. Rest comes little with experience, I guess!

My flight flies out at 2pm, and I will be meeting up with friends, who are also going on the same program, and carpool to the airport. Prior to arriving at the airport, we all agreed to stop by IN-N-OUT for the last time before we fly out! 

One of my goals was to keep traveling alive once I returned from the UK, and I am happy that I am making this goal happen. I am excited to blog my experience because this will be different compared to my year studying abroad. I did not want to make my year-long experience my "golden year" because reminiscing about the past does not help. So I encourage everyone to plan for a trip ahead, even if it is a little one that keeps you rolling. Great things are just ahead.

So everyone, bye until then! South Korea, here I come! 


1 comment:

  1. I hope you have an incredible time! I know you'll learn so much. This will be an amazing experience for you.

    ReplyDelete

count