Thursday, August 16, 2012

I've been thinking how the behavior here has been affecting me. Ever since I got back to America I feel as though I've been getting punches in the face. I am adjusting a lot better than I have been before, but I am getting really irritated by a lot of things and am constantly reminded of the reason why I wanted to study abroad in the first place. Being productive at the time now means a lot to me, whether I'm working on something that is school related, career related or spiritually learning about myself. I feel a lot better by doing this than getting angry and worrying because that doesn't take me anywhere really.

I have been thinking and doing a lot of research about what I want to do once I finish my degree here in San Bernardino. It gets overwhelming and exciting. I still have to take care of a lot of things for school where at the same time I have to look out for requirements if I'm applying for something international related during my school year. At least I could say, that I feel good that I'm already thinking of what I want to do once I graduate instead of waiting around until I do.

It's hard, but I'm trying to let the little things inspire me again, even if it means putting Love Actually in the DVD player just to hear the British accents or drinking a cup of Earl Grey in the morning.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Related to the job, that is really inconsiderate of them not to have offered you the job first. Especially since you have first-hand experience with the process of studying abroad. Hopefully somehow something will work out. But I'm glad you already have a backup plan to find another position. Still, it's incredibly rude (and stupid!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, Miss Linda, are just the greatest. I really wish I could have you within hugging distance because you are the ray of sunshine people need in this world. You're positive, optimistic, and grateful. You are just a wonderful person.

    I especially loved the last sentence of this post. I like to do those types of things for myself, too.

    I wish you were closer. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is honestly one of the nicest things someone has ever said to me. <3 Thank you Miquella! I'm so happy to have stumbled upon a livejournal page to find you! You are such a driven and sweet person and I know someday you're going to go very far my dear! :) I wish we were closer, but at least we live in the same state! Thank you for understanding me and thank you for all the support you've given. I couldn't have asked for more. It means a whole lot for someone to understand while trying to be just who I am, and I love you for that! :)

      Delete

count