Saturday, December 21, 2013

New goal

The past two weeks have been full of anxiety, contemplation and hopefulness regarding my future. Two weeks full of these emotions are the two weeks post graduation. I have not been in relaxation mode or have given credibility to myself by the fact that I've accomplished my Bachelors degree. I need to calm down!!

Coming home from studying abroad motivated me to pursue my dreams. But that fell out of place during my last quarter in college (ironic, right?). I should be excited on planning to go abroad again, especially seeing my friends and all these post study-abroaders returning to their second homes. The truth is, I reached a point where I'm reverting back to old habits and doubting to pursue my dreams. It's easy to get these jitters again when all I am thinking is how I'm going to pay back my student loans...

But recently, there has been a shift to all these doubts. Reverting back means that I am gradually losing the knowledge and wisdom I have learned in the past two years, and I don't want to lose that. Something about this week has inspired me to continue forward. I have finally woken up from my lack of motivation and have made a new life goal. And I have to thank all the people I met up and talked to this week for believing in me more than myself. 

I have made the decision to apply to graduate school. Graduate school has always been in mind, but as to when I wanted to go was always ambiguous. I feel that now is the right time to go. I have found programs that I definitely see myself studying and they are all located in major cities, which I dream living in.  If I do get into one of these universities, it will be a dramatic change for me since they are all not in California. I found programs located in the east coast and out of the country.

Let's hope that one of these schools accept me. Although I have accomplished my dream to study abroad in the UK, I have yet to meet my goal on living in a big city. Swansea did not give me justice on living in a 'city' but nevertheless I am grateful because I could not imagine my life without the people I met during that year.

So cheers to a new goal, a new year and a new me! 



2 comments:

count