Monday, July 14, 2014

Dear NYC // 1

I am terrified of you, New York City. With you, I face higher responsibilities and unimaginable opportunities. The next two years I will have a relationship with you and I'm curious to know how much you will challenge me. I am going after you because I want to experience and grow. If only I took this mentality in other areas in my life, such as romance. But maybe, New York, you can teach me that.

I am terrified and thrilled by your concrete jungle, your stubbornness, your vastness, and your just. I didn't know going after your dreams would require such a large braveness factor. It's not easy. That's what everyone says. But I say, it's not impossible.

Your city is meant to tower layers of tough skin to your people. My skin has been sun-kissed by California's unlimited source of sunshine, implementing laziness and prolongation. Yet I can't forget that I have been exposed to other regions of the world. They are listed in my past and mesh together with my present and future. Therefore, I tell myself I should be prepared for this next big step, but I can shake off this anxious feeling.

But New York, I choose you right now because I believe you will help me grow the most. And that terrifies me. But I am ready with this upcoming relationship with you.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, I love the way you wrote this.
    Good luck for your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete

count