Friday, June 6, 2014

New York City

To mark things more official, I want to share with you guys my next adventure ahead. I've talked about applying to graduate school, did my research and applied with the time that I could since starting in Fall 2014 would be ideal for me.

I went ahead and applied to two schools, just two. Because a huge part of my heart still remains in the UK, I applied to Kingston University in London and to make things more interesting, I applied to NYU. Both universities offered great programs that I believe could advance me to fulfill my career goals. After the wait that seemed to be forever, I got accepted into both universities.This decision was hard, but after long contemplation, I have decided to embark on a new journey to New York City!
























Like I mentioned before, the decision was not easy. I was overwhelmed that I got accepted into both universities (the only ones). In all honesty, I wouldn't even believe I would get accepted in NYU. I applied because I decided to take a chance and told myself if I didn't get in, it would be okay since I took that chance. Well, that chance went through. I couldn't (and still currently can't) grasp on how much my life will change the years ahead. 

I know that studying abroad has helped me fulfill wanderlust and has motivated me to fulfill my dreams internationally, but there is something about New York that makes me feel so terrified and completely foreign to me. I knew I would always come back home from the times I've studied abroad, but this opportunity is much more different. The connections I will make will constantly mind-blow me, I'll still be living in America (which will prevent visa handling), and what better else is there to get the experience to live in New York freaking city?



I have made the decision already. I got my enrollment deposit submitted and I'm sorting out my classes right now. Accommodation will most likely take the longest for me to find, but I've got myself a roommate that I found through the NYU roommate registry. Finding a roommate made things feel less stressful. Knowing that you're paired up with someone with the same concerns makes you feel like you're not alone.

I'm trying to sort all these responsible stuff right now. I keep telling myself if I dealt with all that paperwork I went through that summer before Swansea, I can do all of these things that needs to be done for NYU.

My twenties have been crazy, adventurous, frightening and exciting all at the same time. I want to make an impact and do my best to learn and explore, so before I go, I will absorb all that I can here in the town I was born and raised and in two and a half months, I'll be in New York! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Can't wait for you to get here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been so supportive! :) I appreciate all the insight you've given me to help me decide!

      Delete

count